Winn Dixie store brands

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Moderator: Groceteria

andysj500

Winn Dixie store brands

Post by andysj500 »

Does anybody have a complete list of Winn-Dixie's (albeit now nonexistent) store brands?
Dave
Veteran

Re: Winn Dixie store brands

Post by Dave »

andysj500 wrote:Does anybody have a complete list of Winn-Dixie's (albeit now nonexistent) store brands?
According to their press release when they scaled back the store brands, they had around 60 at that time (2003).

Deep South, Prestige, Thrifty Maid, and Chek are the ones I remember, and I seem to recall that they marketed pork products as "Pinky Pig" at one time, but that may have been either a dream or wishful thinking on my part.
Edric Floyd
Veteran

Post by Edric Floyd »

Dave wrote:
andysj500 wrote:Does anybody have a complete list of Winn-Dixie's (albeit now nonexistent) store brands?
According to their press release when they scaled back the store brands, they had around 60 at that time (2003).

Deep South, Prestige, Thrifty Maid, and Chek are the ones I remember, and I seem to recall that they marketed pork products as "Pinky Pig" at one time, but that may have been either a dream or wishful thinking on my part.
I don't remember any "pinky Pig" products.

But I did look for their store brands on my recent stops at the local WD. There are a lot more "Winn Dixie" store brands than ever. And the logo is very different from that of the stores or the website. It was hard to find any "Deep South". And the Thrifty Maid logo was changed. I think I saw "prestige" and I did not look for the "Chek" sodas.

It's going to be 100 today. Maybe I should stop by the WD and fill my cooler with some Chek sodas like my mother used to when I was growing up. (just a thought)
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

Astor and Superbrand come to mind. And wasn't there a Crackin' Good or Crackin' Fresh brand for crackers and cookies?
todd
Contributor

Post by todd »

Sunbelt paper goods and it was Crackin' Good chips and snacks, Prestige and Superbrand dairy items, Dani's (Doni's ??) frozen pizzas... there was a literal plethora!
Edric Floyd
Veteran

Post by Edric Floyd »

Groceteria wrote:Astor and Superbrand come to mind. And wasn't there a Crackin' Good or Crackin' Fresh brand for crackers and cookies?
Most anything that was "Astor" or "Superbrand" is now "Winn Dixie" I did see "Crackiin Good" in the store. All of the Frozen food products are "Winn Dixie".
Edric Floyd
Veteran

Post by Edric Floyd »

Just thought I'd post this photo of the Winn-Dixie products plant in Fitzgerald, Georgia. This was expected to close when WD closed many stores in 2005. the local WD did close while when this photo was taken a few months ago, the plant was open.

Edric Floyd
Veteran

Post by Edric Floyd »

I walked through the local Winn Dixie around 7pm this evening.

The only store brand name I did not see was Superbrand. There are a lot more WINN DIXIE brand products with varying logos. Most carry a WD logo that is different from what you would see on the buildings, shopping bags and website.

Also did not notice any DEEP SOUTH. Maybe I just missed it.

THRIFTY MAID is there with a new silver with black lettering logo. The old Red and white lettering appears on a few products as you see old mixed with the new. This tells me that they are not rotating their product well.

Astor for seasoning, teas, coffee and condiments and Chek sodas are still around. And Sunbelt laundry products were there.

There were WINN DIXIE paper products, picnic items, boxed cereals, frozen food and dairy products.
todd
Contributor

Post by todd »

Did we mention ARROW... remember it was on tin foil and stuff like that.
Edric Floyd
Veteran

Post by Edric Floyd »

todd wrote:Did we mention ARROW... remember it was on tin foil and stuff like that.
Arrow was also on laundry soap.

Did not see Arrow when I was in the store. Probably converted to "winn dixie" brand.
buckhead
Contributor

Post by buckhead »

Here are a few more:

Blue Bay - canned tuna and possiblly other canned fish/seafood
Fischer's - packaged black pepper and other spices (an "economy" line)
Table Supply - used on various products at various times
Prestigio - pastas and pasta products (nice Italian-sounding name)
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

buckhead wrote:Table Supply - used on various products at various times
FYI, Table Supply Stores was the original name of Win-Dixie (as owned by the Davis family) before all the mergers (Winn & Lovett, Dixie Home, etc.)
madgoth

Post by madgoth »

I remember Pinky Pig brand bacon, sausage and bologna.

I loved the Superbrand Cottage Cheese, small curd. It was far superior to any other brand, bargain or name.
tarheelsweet

Post by tarheelsweet »

Hickory Sweet is their bacon brand, and probably the best bacon you can buy.
punchcard

Post by punchcard »

They used to have Dixie Darling raisin bread - it was delicious. I think that was one of their store brands also.