Fresh & Easy's new Smarter Store

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Moderator: Groceteria

Steve Landry
Veteran

Fresh & Easy's new Smarter Store

Post by Steve Landry »

Does anyone hail from Las Vegas?

I'm interested in getting your feed back on Fresh & Easy's remodeling of all of their stores there.

Design
Quality & Freshness
Prices
Checkout
Customer Service
Cleanliness
Convenience
Variety
Etc........

:-)
The Food Fair Empire
rnaikens
Contributor

Re: Fresh & Easy's new Smarter Store

Post by rnaikens »

<Design> Beautiful. Cross between a Trader Joes and Whole Foods?
<Quality & Freshness> No change.
<Prices> Used to be competitive with Vons. Competitive with Whole Foods? My wife says it's too expensive now and won't go there at all.
<Checkout> I liked the self checkouts. Cut down to two. Longer wait then before if busy. I never had an issue with 100 percent self checkout.
<Customer Service> Was good before and still is.
<Cleanliness> Was good before and still is.
<Convenience> Depends on how you're defining the word. Was all around better before.
<Variety> SUCKS big time. Somewhere between a Walgreens and a Am\Pm.

The store is very high class looking. I think they boo boo'd making a significant part of the store into some kind of Pandera type dining. It's that most of the stores are former Rite Aid's that were built in the early 90's. 20 years later these stores are in older mid city areas the way Vegas sprouted. Some were built by Tesco in newer more afluent areas. These stores might do fine. The other ones are all wrong for the neighborhood.
Steve Landry
Veteran

Post by Steve Landry »

Thank you very much :-)

I guess time will tell.
The Food Fair Empire
pseudo3d
Veteran

Post by pseudo3d »

Can't believe F&E's still around. They made all the wrong choices, insisted on certain things (can't remember exactly, but distribution was expensive), had odd merchandise mixes (herbs on lamb chops but no Oreos, etc.), and were generally a disappointment.

Probably would've been better by buying up regional chains and tuning them for world domination or going for the jugular and making a full supercenter to compete with Walmart.