Albertsons-Skaggs combinations

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Moderator: Groceteria

storewanderer
Veteran

Albertsons-Skaggs combinations

Post by storewanderer »

I found another former Skaggs Albertsons that was separated only by some shelves up in Northglenn, CO. This, like the one in Wheat Ridge, had the shared entryway and everything. Both sides of the Wheat Ridge combo are now closed and the front was fully remodeled from five years ago. Big Lots moved into the Rite Aid while the Albertsons Grocery Warehouse just closed.

In Northglenn, the Rite Aid is still open (with the Osco interior but with some Payless pink aisle hangers hanging up for laughs) but the Albertsons has closed. So as you walk around the Rite Aid, you look over at the dark and vacant former grocery store and can see all of the lights that are out. As you exit the Rite Aid you can look fully into the former grocery store as there is just a gate in the entryway. The Albertsons had brown aisle hangers, that funky 80's wall lettering painted blue, and white walls.

Due to lack of customers, I didn't attempt any interior photos. I did get some interior photos at another Rite Aid with the Osco interior. If you look really close at the third photo, you can see the shelf that separates the two stores.

Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

The Ralphs-Sav-on Drugs combo was like this. Both store checkstands emptied out into a center aisle and both had merchandise shelves back to back basically. The odd thing is in the first years after the Ralphs closed (around the mid 90'), Sav-on kept the layout the same, and you could easily look into the Ralphs. They then added a large board wall that was tacky, but no longer were you able to look into the store.

About 3 years ago, they finally moved the checkstands to the front entry of the Sav-on area and put shelves along the wall.