Spammers and Other Notes

This forum is for announcements about the site and the board, "how to" information, etc. Some topics will allow discussion, and some may have polls, but only moderators may post new topics.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Spammers and Other Notes

Post by Groceteria »

Hi all. Hope you had a great holiday.

A few spam posts made their way onto the board while I was out of town. This is going to happen from time to time because I don't monitor the board 24/7, especially when I'm on holiday. It may take a day or two when I'm out of town, but I will ban them and delete their posts. Fear not. In fact, I catch most spammers before they even have a chance to post.

That said, I have one request:

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO SPAM POSTS. EVER.

Thanks. Sorry for shouting and all, but when you post a response telling a spammer that he's a spammer, you add absolutely no information that isn't already evident. The spammer is well aware that he's a spammer, he doesn't care what you think about it, and he probably won't ever visit the board again to see your response anyway.

If you respond to spam posts, all you do is bump them up and call more attention to them, which is what the spammer wants in the first place. In essence, you're playing right into his hands.