Jack In The Box "Cube" signs

Moderator: Groceteria

Super S
Veteran

Jack In The Box "Cube" signs

Post by Super S »

The Jack In The Box in Longview, WA, which I believe was built in the 1970s, has a cube road sign still in use, which has been updated to the new logo. I was curious as to how late these were used, as I have seen these in only a handful of locations.
pseudo3d
Veteran

Re: Jack In The Box "Cube" signs

Post by pseudo3d »

Super S wrote: 06 Sep 2018 00:24 The Jack In The Box in Longview, WA, which I believe was built in the 1970s, has a cube road sign still in use, which has been updated to the new logo. I was curious as to how late these were used, as I have seen these in only a handful of locations.
Not THAT long ago, I can name at least two stores in Texas with "cube" signs, both built in 1999. One was in Waco with a Texaco station (mostly closed entirely, with the JBX side being a title loans company), and one in Waller (still open).
Super S
Veteran

Re: Jack In The Box "Cube" signs

Post by Super S »

pseudo3d wrote: 26 Jul 2019 19:29
Super S wrote: 06 Sep 2018 00:24 The Jack In The Box in Longview, WA, which I believe was built in the 1970s, has a cube road sign still in use, which has been updated to the new logo. I was curious as to how late these were used, as I have seen these in only a handful of locations.
Not THAT long ago, I can name at least two stores in Texas with "cube" signs, both built in 1999. One was in Waco with a Texaco station (mostly closed entirely, with the JBX side being a title loans company), and one in Waller (still open).
I had no idea these were used that recently. Interesting. The location I mentioned is currently closed for a major remodel, and it will be interesting if the cube sign remains. I did remember that, as of the past spring, the lights in the sign (all sides) were very dim and looked almost burned out, but am unsure if these had fluorescent tubes or if they had a single mercury vapor bulb in the center.