Rockville Mall (MD) / Downtown Malls

Moderator: Groceteria

rich
Veteran

Post by rich »

The Painesville mall had a generic name like Market Place or Market Square. I'm reasonably sure "Market" was in it. There doesn't seem to be much on the web concerning Carlisle-Allen (I looked a couple years ago), which was the main anchor. At one time, Carlisle had a sizable number of stores in small Ohio & Western PA markets.
marshd1000
Veteran

Post by marshd1000 »

I do remember that in Yakima, WA was the Yakima Mall. While I am not from Yakima, I believe that the anchors were around before the creation of the mall. This mall had The Bon Marche, JCPenney, Mervyn's and Nordstrom as anchors. When I was there for a convention in the 1980's. it was a vibrant place. Also the Nordstrom, while promoted as being part of the mall, was physically across the street from the mall. Another interesting thing about this Nordstrom (which no longer has a presence in Yakima), was that it was one of the smallest Nordstom stores in the chain. Eventually, Yakima Mall was killed off by the Valley Mall in nearby Union Gap. I believe this happened because the owner of Yakima Mall insisted on continuing to charge for parking.
dth1971
Contributor

Rockville Mall

Post by dth1971 »

Did Rockville Mall ever had a good book, record, and/or toy store in the mall? I remember the Roy Rogers in that mall.

I used to have a Rockville Mall Christmas coloring book from the mid 1970's.

In 1977 Rockville Mall was renamed The Shops at Courthouse Square.