Latest arrivals on the site:
- Albuquerque location list, 1929-1959
- Boise location list, 1925-1960
- Orange County (CA) location lists, 1925-1975 (years vary)
- Santa Monica/West LA location list, 1927-1954
- Miscellaneous Los Angeles County location lists
- Portland (ME) location list, 1925-1964
- Peterborough, Ontario location list, 1925-1965
- Los Angeles location list
Now includes some San Fernando Valley data as well as San Pedro
The updates continue, although it’s mostly smaller ones this time around. In the background, I’ve also been actively tagging photos to add in the coming months.
- Atlantic City NJ Location List, 1925-1957 (new)
- Santa Cruz/Monterey CA Location List (new)
- Visalia/Tulare CA Location List, 1934-1980 (new)
- Columbus OH Location List (updated)
- Gastonia NC Location List (updated)
- Concord NC Location List (updated)
Still more new location lists for your exploring pleasure:
- Reno/Sparks 1925-1981
- Salt Lake City, 1920-1979
- Albany, 1925-1960
- Also, Boston listings updated through 1981.
Finally: the new section on Cleveland, including a massive location list and links to other material. I will be expanding this in the future.
(Photo via Cleveland Public Library.)
This one was just an extra cool find. It was quite obviously built as an A&P, probably in the 1940s. You can even make out the labelscar on the parking lot signs if you’re there in person. It’s located on Taylor Boulevard in Louisville, right across from Churchill Downs. From the shape of the sign, I would guess it may have been an A&P at least until they switched to the pill-shaped logo in the 1970s. And what’s really cool is that it’s still a pretty popular spot and it’s still selling groceries with very few modifications in its more recent incarnation as the Pic Pac IGA.
I love finding stores like this.