Miami Chain Grocery/Supermarket Locations, 1925-1958
This is a list of all known chain grocery addresses in the Miami area between 1925 and 1958, complied from city directories, telephone books, and other sources. It is generated through a live Google Spreadsheet so it reflects the latest information I have. You may view the list in the frame below or open it in a new window, which will give you more viewing options and the ability to download it or add it to your own Google Drive.
- The various Carl’s chains all seem to have been related.
- In 1953, Table Supply and Margaret Ann Stores are listed as being owned by Winn & Lovett.
- In 1958, Kwik Chek stores (most of them formerly branded Table Supply and Margaret Ann Stores) are listed as being owned by Winn-Dixie Stores.
- Some of the suburban locations in 1958 may include Kwik Chek stores and not those of other chains because of more geographically extensive listings for Kwik Chek (Homestead, North Homestead, North Miami, and Opa-Locka).
- Publix entered the South Florida market shortly after the data below ends, circa 1959-1960.