Meier & Frank Stores in 1985

Moderator: Groceteria

StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Meier & Frank Stores in 1985

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

It would seem to me that the 1977-era Meier & Frank logo, as can be seen in this photograph...

... was probably the only M&F ever to bear this kind of logo on the outside in the early '80s (I'm not so sure as to the insides regarding all locations before this one showed up). Of course, the M&F in this photo opened in 1980, one year before most of the rest of the original Clackamas Town Center followed suit.

As I previously discovered, the Lloyd Center M&F never got the late '70s logo on the exterior, and went with the then-current "all caps" logo around the time of its makeover which coincided with the mall's 30th anniversary.

The lone M&F to be built in Vancouver, WA, which opened in September of 1977 at what is now the Westfield Vancouver Mall, retained its old logo on the exterior through to the Macy's rebranding in 2006.

I wonder if the M&F at Washington Square (which, like Clackamas Town Center after, was the first to open before the others did) still had its pre-1977 logo on the outside and inside through to the late '80s-early '90s.

~Ben
StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Re: Meier & Frank Stores in 1985

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

Supposedly this M&F in downtown Salem (above) was the only pre-1977 location to get the 1977-style logotype.

The M&F at the Rogue Valley Mall (below) in Medford, OR opened in October 1986, but apparently the original logotype for this store would've dated from 1977, because the photograph of the store in 2005 looks like this (then-current signage is from at least mid-1987):

~Ben