Interesting story, or whatever comes around, goes around...
Posted: 02 Oct 2026 03:07
Anywho, there's a Wienerschnitzel, one of the old A-frame buildings, in La Habra, on Whittier Boulevard, just west of Stonewood Street. Not sure when it was built, but it was there when I was but a week tyke(I was born in 1969, moved to the area around 1971-1972), back when the company was known as Der Wienerchnitzel. The place operated as a Wienerchnitzel/Der Wienerschnitzel up until the late 1980s, I wanna say 1988 or 1989, and they lose the franchise rights. The restaurant continues on as an independent operation called Wienerwurtchen until about 1999, when I was living right around the corner on Stonewood Street in La habra. Anywho, I moved from the area in January 2000. And in October 2002, I'm driving down Whittier Boulevard, and lo and behold, the location is now once again a Wienerschnitzel! Same building, too! Not sure if it's still a Wienerschnitzel, now, haven't been down Whittier Boulevard since 2010.