Sacramento: Former Lucky/Compton's, 4408 Del Rio Road

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

TheStranger
Veteran

Sacramento: Former Lucky/Compton's, 4408 Del Rio Road

Post by TheStranger »

In the Land Park neighborhood (a block south of the namesake park itself) at Sutterville Road and South Land Park Drive. From what I've read in the Sacramento Bee archives, this closed as a Lucky in 1983, and operated as a Compton's until 1996 or so. Since then, ownership has changed several times, and while it is now currently "Prime Supermarket", carts still are labeled with the store's previous name, Welco Supermarket.

Anyone know if this is Lucky's 1970s decor package?

Chris Sampang
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Re: Sacramento: Former Lucky/Compton's, 4408 Del Rio Road

Post by Groceteria »

TheStranger wrote:Anyone know if this is Lucky's 1970s decor package?
I was told by someone a few years ago (maybe Storewanderer) that this store retained its original Lucky decor package until about 1998 or so, but was remodeled.
storewanderer
Veteran

Post by storewanderer »

It certainly had an older style interior when I went in in 1994 or 1995. I specifically remember the brown aisle hangers that were oval with the number and the white A 1 B or whatever...

The checkstands were also parallel to the entrance doors, and were the older style cashier unload ones with a large space for items to go after being scanned (I like to call these bed checkstands). Also, this store was not using scanners in 1994.

I am positive that both the floor, aisle hangers, produce display cases, and wall paint has been replaced.

Perhaps some of the wall letters are hold-outs that have been repainted...
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/