More new location lists for you amusement:
More new location lists:
I have a lot more of these to add, but also hope to start adding photos again soon too.
Latest arrivals on the site:
- Albuquerque location list, 1929-1959
- Boise location list, 1925-1960
- Orange County (CA) location lists, 1925-1975 (years vary)
- Santa Monica/West LA location list, 1927-1954
- Miscellaneous Los Angeles County location lists
- Portland (ME) location list, 1925-1964
- Peterborough, Ontario location list, 1925-1965
- Los Angeles location list
Now includes some San Fernando Valley data as well as San Pedro
The updates continue, although it’s mostly smaller ones this time around. In the background, I’ve also been actively tagging photos to add in the coming months.
- Atlantic City NJ Location List, 1925-1957 (new)
- Santa Cruz/Monterey CA Location List (new)
- Visalia/Tulare CA Location List, 1934-1980 (new)
- Columbus OH Location List (updated)
- Gastonia NC Location List (updated)
- Concord NC Location List (updated)
Updates and upgrades continue. I have recently added or updated the following location lists and the site is starting to develop a geographic range that far exceeds its borders from a few years back:
- Glendale and Burbank (new)
- Denver (new)
- New Haven (new)
- Hartford (new)
- Fayetteville (major update)
- Durham (major update)
So what else is happening?
To start, I’ve been going through several years worth of (sadly neglected) photos, getting them tagged and organized so that I can add the best ones to the site via the flickr page. Many of you have sent me amazing pictures over the past few years and with everything that was going on in my life, I was sort of unable to do much with them. That is about to change. I have a huge backlog of images from Terry in Oklahoma City (covering much of the county) and from readers in New York/New Jersey, Seattle, Los Angeles, and Chicago, among others. I really want to get them under control locally first, but I should be able to start adding them in a few weeks. I have almost 15000 photos to go through.
I also hope to start doing more history narratives and linking to online resources such as digitized library and archival collections, as well as adding some of the text-based material I have collected (or at least the portion of that material that copyright law will permit me to post). Some Safeway employee magazines will be part of that. I’m also tagging and organizing several thousand articles.
The Message Board is getting more active again (and is accepting new registrations again) and you can always get the latest via Twitter. I have also considered doing a Facebook page, but I sort of feel like that ship has sailed now. If there’s interest, though, I will still consider it.