In which I give a public talk about Triad supermarket history for the High Point Historical Society at the High Point Museum.
It was a great crowd and this was tons of fun!
The latest batch of new pages:
- Lexington, Kentucky, 1925-2020
- Lewiston and Auburn, Maine, 1930-1966
- Hamilton/Fairfield, Ohio, 1925-2020
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1925-2020
And some updates:
And here’s what’s on the horizon over the next few months.
Established in 1999, Groceteria.com is a site about the history of American and Canadian chain supermarkets, from the 1920s through the turn of the century and beyond. This is not a site about current supermarket issues and operations, and it is not connected with nor owned by any supermarket chain. Here’s what you will find:
- About the site: Learn more about the history of supermarkets, your humble host, and my methodology, not to mention sources and links, and frequent questions.
- Places: Detailed histories of the geography and architecture of chain grocery retailers in the U.S. and Canada since the 1920s. This is the most intensively researched part of the site.
- Chains: Capsule histories of some North American supermarket chains, including photo galleries.
- The message board: A place to discuss the history of supermarkets and other retailers.