Columbus is a fascinating area to study, having hosted numerous regional (it was the home of Big Bear Stores) and national (A&P, Kroger) chains, and also being the only large city in Ohio that has experienced consistent growth over the past century.
In this section:
- Miscellaneous articles on Kroger in Columbus (1907-1997)
- Big Bear’s “Store of Tomorrow” (1960)
- The supermarket and its contribution to modern marketing (1962 speech by president of Big Bear Stores)
- Big Bear Stores history traced (1963)
- Big Bear Supermarkets history (2001)